Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cory died w/ possible hemmoragic septecemia, how go to about replacing him in qt?

Hello all,

So the panda cory I posted about the other day died. Today I fed the honey gourami and the pandas some bloodworms to try to rouse their appetites, and it worked on everyone except the little guy in question.

As I was just observing the qt, the little sick one ZOOMED erratically all over the tank and then suddenly stopped, floating on his side. Not knowing what else to do, I put him in a jar of tanl water to try to get a closer lookat him. Trying to take pictures didn't help, but he had a slightly red veiny tail and underbelly, not sure if it was there before or not.

After about an hour or less, he died. All of the remaining cories are active and showing no signs of illness, nor the gourami. No medication is in the tank b/c I didn't want to overmedicate, esp. With scaleless fish.

Now, I want to add another gourami this Saturday (a female to go with my male) and another panda cory to bring the school up to 5. Any advice as to how to go about this? I'll try to keep an eye on things as best as I can.

Tank params: 0/0/5-10. Temp 73. PH 7.2

Old 11-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well...since no one says otherwise...

I plan on getting 2 panda corys and 1 honey gourami this Saturday to add to the qt tank. All remaining cories and gourami appear to be healthy and acting normal. The little guys are just so fun to watch!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cories are pretty hardy. I would not add any meds.... stress is the main cause for Bacterial infections

Tags
cory, die, died

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com