Cory Dying! Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My CAE died like that not much to do but the owner at my lfs said he might have gotten too hungry and ate poop

The substrate is Cory safe. Lots of people use it with their Cory catfish with no negative effects.

Perhaps it was just the same as the CAE.

Get the aquarium salt. I call it twirling disease, they lay on their side and get like this. I managed to catch it early last time, I used heated aquarium water in QT with aquarium salt. He seemed to perk up, Then I believe it might be a bacterial infection from what I found on the internet. Then start meds for a bacterial. He ended up back at the store because I didn't want him to die. But he did survive overnight and the lady said she would try to save him.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to the LFS today so I can pick some up in case another Cory gets the same way.

Hi sorry to hear the cory died:( To be honest it sounds like you got a poor fish,so was a uphill struggle from the start. Just keep a close eye on your other cory's and maybe next time get some cories from a different source? As for medicines i keep several handy,but these are waterlife medications which I do not know if you can get them? They have a five year shelf life,so will not go off? Also a packet of aquarium salt is always handy.:)

I got the aquarium salt and will leave it in my fish drawer until I need it again. I'm keeping a close eye on the other fish as well. I feel like it was just a poor fish because I go to this lfs all the time and they have very healthy and clean tanks and their employees seem pretty knowledgeable (I don't speak to the employees that much so can't make a full assessment). I'll see if I can get waterlife medications. I had some other stuff recommended to me as well. How well does waterlife work?

Hi waterlife was recommended to me by a good friend and waterlife has never let me down. Not sure if you can get it in the U.S.A though? If not maybe ask on here and see what members use? Also these are old style medications,turn the tank bright blue or green and stain everything:eek: so i dare say there are better medications nowadays? how are the remaining cories doing?

I have two quarantine tanks so I don't mind staining. I went on their website and I can get the waterlife meds from the USA. The remaining cories are perfectly fine. They're just going about their usual routines, foraging around, having secret conferences under the heaters (I swear it's like they all no the meeting times and everything), and running away at the slightest movement outside the tank. I'm going to get three more so I can have a school of eight. Hopefully one of them will eat the sinking wafers and encourage the others to try them. Also I'm hoping greater numbers will make them less nervous.

Back
Top Bottom