Cory has a small cut on its side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

segrayson

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 5 false julii cories in my 40 gallon breeder; one of the cories got caught in the ladder of the hagan CO2 system that I have in the tank. I have no idea how long he had been in there, but I don't think it was too long as the tank is in our living room and I look at it every time I walk past. I moved the ladder and he swam out and I have watched him and he seems to be acting normally but he has a small cut on one of his sides. I am wondering if I need to isolate/medicate or if he will heal without intervention. Water parameters as follows: Temp-75, Ammo-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-20, and I do water changes of about 40% weekly. Thanks!

The cut should heal on its own with nothing special other than just keeping the water very healthy. A couple of extra water changes is about all I would do while keeping an eye on the wound. He should be fine in week or so! :)

Great! I will just change the water every two days or so this week. I checked on him this morning and he still seemed ok. He ate with everyone else and the spot on his side is less noticeable than right after I freed him yesterday. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom