Corydoras Cat has film on one eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCUnderwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 corydoras and a albino cory. One of them has a film on its eye, the rest of the fish are fine. I keep up on pwcs and seem to have a pretty healthy tank. Any info would help!

Can you upload a good picture?

Also, what're the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels? And tank size?

Look at this eye fish disease chart. The exact type of film is critical for diagnosis.
http://www.nationalfishpharm.com/fish_diseases/eyes.html

Also, post all the parameters you can. There is a sticky at the face page to diseases, at the top. The answers help people to help you. As you can see by the chart many things could be a foot. And a few good photos would help, too.

What is the sick Cory's family group?

I see the fish you are talking about, but I honesty don't know which eye category the film is in. Seeing the fish up close, were you able to narrow it down as to which treatment from the chart?

Not really, I did also notice that he had 'whiskers' gone too or whatever the technical name is for them

Not really, I did also notice that he had 'whiskers' gone too or whatever the technical name is for them
Barbels

Water quality is a huge factor, I would keep doing pwc a few times per week just to make sure the water is very clean. Cories prefer sand and that is also another reason the barbels get damaged. They can grow back though.

How long have you had them?

Back
Top Bottom