Cotton fungus on Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. Just found (and isolated) 2 of my Schwartz Cory fish with a cotton like fungus on the fins. One is in a more advanced state than the other. My other Schwartz Corys seem fine.

Parameters look good. Just reading them now
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Ph 7.5
Water changes approximately 20% weekly with a gravel vac.

All other fish and shrimp are fine.

Here is a pic of the worst affected. See the underside.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395788313.966259.jpg

So is it just an anti fungal treatment from my LFS or something else? Any ideas please :)

Update:

My Cory died overnight. The one that is starting to get the cotton stuff is ok so far.

Unless I get advice to the contrary, I will be buying some anti fungal treatment from my LFS today to treat the remaining Cory in isolation.

Should I treat the apparently healthy fish too (entire community)?

I would need to ensure it is copper free as I have RCS, bamboo and amano in there.

Update:

My Cory died overnight. The one that is starting to get the cotton stuff is ok so far.

Unless I get advice to the contrary, I will be buying some anti fungal treatment from my LFS today to treat the remaining Cory in isolation.

Should I treat the apparently healthy fish too (entire community)?

I would need to ensure it is copper free as I have RCS, bamboo and amano in there.

I would try the remaining Cory in QT first. Worth a shot. My experience has been fungus will slowly jump fish but within fish types first (eg female to male platy) and taking advantage of any skin damage. Bacterial I've found to be more aggressive time wise and also on fish types infected.

Back
Top Bottom