Cpd missing part of tail fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Somehow one of my celestial pearls lost part of its tail fin. Looks like it is struggling to swim an is more thin then other cpds in tank. Will that grow back ? Can he survive long term like this. Doubt another fish in tank did it since all I have is nano fish in that tank

Kind of hard to get a pic of these guys. Wasn't gradual loss. Just noticed it missing.

Attachments

• image-3322453719.jpg
    image-3322453719.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 75
Hmm looks like a very sick galaxy rasb to me. Doesnt look like fin rot from the picture but i dont think it will survive. Is it eating?

Ate a bit tonight. But he def doesn't look good. Not schooling with the other fish

Ate a bit tonight. But he def doesn't look good. Not schooling with the other fish

Not schooling in the group is a bad sign. To me he doesnt look like hes going to get better. If he gets worse i would seriously consider euthanasia, if its parasitic it could potentially spread.

Problem just noticed today. Why I am thinking injury and not a sickness. He is giving it a go. Swimming around and has really good color

Back
Top Bottom