Cpt. Jack Sparrow road to recovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My captain jack can down with nasty fin rot. To make matters worse, fish kept nipping at his fins. I am making a journal of his recovery. Please chime in with opinions and thoughts he means a lot to me. He was set up in my 10 gallon hospital tank today with some Cory cats who show minor symptoms. He is being treated with salt and melefix. Here he is as of now. He refuses to leave his cave.

ForumRunner_20130721_190920.jpg
Cant get a good pic now. Be patient and I will.

I tried melafix when my fish had fin rot and it didn't work. I was told to dump it or use it as a paperweight on this forum. I ended up stopping treatment and using tetra all in one as I thought I had different infections in the tank. It didn't work either. However, the difference is my fish were exposed to fish in cycle. I was doing daily large wc, but effects were still there. Anyway my point is if you want to treat him with something that kills bacteria you'll have to use something else. I hope you get more advice as there are non chemical ways to treat too. I wish you and captain jack the best of luck

Captain jack made a huge leap today. He has started eating again!!!! He only had two or three bites, but its a great start. This was the first time he has accepted food in 3 days! He is still not moving much. Only to eat or hide. The water is cloudy because of medication. I am going to get a higher quality sponge filter this week. Does anyone know of a place yo get one cheap? The only one my lfstores had was this old thing. Looking to upgrade.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130723_152928.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130723_152928.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20130723_153201.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130723_153201.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 78
Captain jack now refuses to eat again and can barely move...

Jack will now sail the seas of heaven. Im sad to say he passed away this morning.

I'm so sorry. =( I feel your pain, recently lost my venustus, 2 dolphins, and rubin red peacock.

He seemed to be extremely happy until this week.

Back
Top Bottom