cramped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are your parameters? And is there any signs of anything else being wrong? Clamped fins point to an underlying problem.

No change so far folks. But now he's swimming to corners and then taking a dickyfit. He's eating ok. But flaring his gills at the others which he never does. Any ideas?

Mr. Limpet said:
Sound like Elvis to me, he's always posturing lol.

Is he making bubble nests? I was told that's a good sign of a happy/healthy betta.

No mate he's not. And av bow just noticed a wound like elvis had. Dunno wats up with him. One of my black guppies is bullying everybody so am blaming it.

No mate he's not. And av bow just noticed a wound like elvis had. Dunno wats up with him. One of my black guppies is bullying everybody so am blaming it.

That's possible, since any fish can be off and do dumb things like go after the fish in the spot light lol. If you have a large container and air pump/stone, put the bully in there for a few hours and see if the mood of your tank doesn't improve. You may have to send that guppy packin'.

I used MelaFix (1/5 dosage) and that did wonders for healing Elvis, going from exposed flesh wound to hard to find it, in 3 days time.

Good luck!

That's possible, since any fish can be off and do dumb things like go after the fish in the spot light lol. If you have a large container and air pump/stone, put the bully in there for a few hours and see if the mood of your tank doesn't improve. You may have to send that guppy packin'.

I used MelaFix (1/5 dosage) and that did wonders for healing Elvis, going from exposed flesh wound to hard to find it, in 3 days time.

Good luck!
cheers mate.
the guppy the most aggressive fish in the tank. i now think hes attacked my baby endlers:mad:they dont look so good, either that or they havent woken up yet. (hopefully)

Mr. Limpet said:
Sorry to hear it Will. Have you been doing any treatment (Melafix/Pimafix/salt)?

Av been using salt just now. Totally skint the now. No signs of being bloated. Am hitting a brick wall. Av decided he's innthe huff.

I missed before you said he has a wound. Can you put him in a QT tank? If injured badly enough he's likely getting picked on by his tankmates and should be removed asap. If having trouble rising to the surface for air, he may need to be in shallower water to recover. I would do daily water changes and use betta fix or 1/5 dose of melafix. Can you post a pic of his wound?

I don't have a QT. The others are all good. Here's a pic. The sore is at his gills.

Attachments

• image-1937071713.jpg
    image-1937071713.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom