Creepers jumped out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shacker66

Aquarium Advice Activist

I could not find Creepers this morning. My Brislenose Pleco I found him under my tank stand he was in the back so I am blessed I did. I thought for sure he was dead. Put him in tank like you would a caught fish when putting it back.
He immediately came back to life.

I see now he is moving around so there must be hope.

Is there anything I should do for him?
How long will it take before I know he will make? Any advise is welcome any stories also.

I recently bought 2 small cichlids from a lady that was rehoming them. I had them in a big bucket with an air stone/ pump. Got home and they were both laying on the back seat by the bucket. Don't know if they sloshed or jumped out, and don't know for how long, it was an hour and a half drive. I hurriedly put them in the bucket and then in the qt tank. Both are fine. Still alive now and growing just fine. I read at the time, that depending on the temperature, some fish can live out of water for up to 3 hours

Yes...Always, always put them back in the tank to check. I have picked up rigid and crispy fish that I was certain must be dead, returned them to the tank, and found them begging for food just minutes later.

They are like cats with multiple lives sometimes.

Just keep observation on the pleco sometimes fish will develop infections or a internal injury after jumping out on the floor other than that has a great chance of surviving.

Back
Top Bottom