Crown loach is dying! help! help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help! i don know what happen to my crown loach. i don know wether he has pop eye or something. It has bubble/ ballon under its eye. just like the goldfish with the ballon eye.
can anyone figure this out for me? what kind of medicine do i need? what should i do? it's 3.30am... i can't sleep!!!!!!

here are some pic

Hi leesanhua and welcome to Aquariumadvice!

Aww...that poor baby. I have some questions that need answers before any further discussion can be made.

What are your water parameters (ammonia/nitrites/nitrates/temp)? Has there been any change in the fish's behavior (heavy breathing, eating, any other strange marks, movement, etc). How long have you had him, and how long has he been in the tank? How long has his eye been like that? Does he have any other clown buddies and who else is in the tank? And what size tank is it?

too late. he died sometimes last night. Anyways, thank you for helping me.
well, i am thinking of a new loach even though this cannot replace the old one. But, have i provide ain order to make the loaches stay healthy?
i know the one has been through too much stress.

Thks.
vanessa :cry:

Oh bummer :( I'm sorry leesanhua.

Couple things about clown loaches. They like clean water; so be sure there is no ammonia/nitrites in the water. Keep the nitrates below 20-30 ppm. Temps around 80F or so they seem to like. They do well in a neutral pH, around 7 or so although they can survive in slightly more acidic or alkaline water. They need buddies; one is never enough. A minimum of 3 is suggested, although more is better. That can be a problem for some folks tho, as they grow to be around a foot long, and need a big tank! They LOVE live foods, but if you're like me live foods skeeve you out *grin* My clown loaches love frozen bloodworm, zucchini (sliced, seeds removed and blanched), sinking algae and sinking tropical wafers. I do keep snails for them as much as I HATE snails; they love them so much!

Back
Top Bottom