Dalmatien Molly swim on place bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarcM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good day ,

We have a 30gallon aquarium with 2 Dalmatien Molly and 3 bubble Molly,

One of the Dalmatien Molly started to be more agressive with the other fish. We are thinking she's pragnant so we purchased a complet new aquarium 10gallon with the filter, heater place to hide plant and used the water from the big tank to full the 10g.

Since we changed the Molly into the new aquarium alone she's at the bottom of the tank swimming on place. I did the checkup of Amonia, nitrite, ph, nitrate and just the nitrate that is a little high all the rest are perfect. The water is at 78.

I'm just worry for her maybe it's the stress of the new tank. She's in the new tank only since yesterday night around 6pm so not even 24h yet.

thanks for your help

Marc

Ive always found fish to get a bit grumpy and stressed when moving them from their home and into QT.

How long have you have your main tank for? What is the nitrate at? Is it significantly different in the QT to the main tank?

Hi,

We have the main tank for around 2 month. The nitrate is not really different maybe a little bit higher in the QT I don't know why since I used 60% of the water from the main tank and 40% new water that was room temperature and dechlorine.

Yesterday was the day we remove water from the main to lower the Nitrate. and replace it with water that we treated and left a side to reach room temperature for about 1-2 days. So we took the water that we removed and used to fill 60% to 70% of the QT and used the new water for the rest.

thanks

Finally I took it back into the big tank. I think the reason was that the new tank didn't has the time to do a cycle to have all the good bacteria in it . Now it's good

Back
Top Bottom