damn fungus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just lost my fishy friends to a fungal infection. I think it came from 2 otos I bought at Petco... I tried medicating with maroxy but it was too late.

Here is my question... the tank is full of anubias frazeri, moneywort and a banana plant (all healthy and growing well), but there are some small, fuzzy white patches on the gravel and on a few stems. I think it's the damn fungus! Although the fish are gone, I'm still treating the tank for the full 5 days. Should I try scraping as much of the stuff off as I can? Will the fuzz hurt the plants? Also, do you think I need to break down the whole tank before thinking about adding future fish, or will the meds do the trick?

Any help will be appreciated.

I doubt a fish fungus could survive on either the gravel or the plants.

Those look suspiciously like snail eggs. Do you have any snails in the tank that might have deposited them?? If not then they could be a fungus but any anti-fungal treatment you're using on your fish should also do the job on water-borne fungi.

Back
Top Bottom