Danio at waterline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talbott37

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi- I've got a glo-danio that is suddenly (within the past hour) at the waterline acting odd... He's just floating there right side up, will swim for a short spurt, then end up back at the water line. I read that it is possibly bloat? I fed them about 2 hours ago, the usual amount (they finish it all in approx 2 minutes), but the danios do go after the sinking wafers that I put in for the corys, so he could have eaten a good bit of that as well...

Tank specs are below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate to lose the little guy...

12 gal fluval edge tank
2 glo-tetras
2 glo-danios
2 julii cory
1 Oto
A varying number of unintentional plant related snails

Medium gravel
3 anubias barteri plants
Driftwood
2 artificial plants

Deep blue mini-stix heater, temp 74 degrees
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0-20
Hardness 150
Chlorine 0
Alkalinity 40
pH 7.0

Water changes/gravel vacuum weekly
3 gallons changed per week

Food:
Daily -
Omega One Flakes
2 small Hikari Tropical sinking wafers
Every other Day-
1/4 of a Hikari Tropical Algae Wafer

He's swimming around a bit more now, but still a bit concerned about him, and want to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong...

if he has bitten off more than he can chew, so to speak, feed him a little bit of shelled peas. they worked wonders for my chronicly overrating betta. don't worry too much yet, just watch him.

Thanks so much... Giving the peas a try. He's doing much better today, but floating fish are scary for a newbie :)

Back
Top Bottom