danio fat or sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazingatstars12

Aquarium Advice Activist
He seems to be acting normally. Noticed this about a week ago. He eats fine.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130912_224849.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130912_224849.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20130912_224919.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130912_224919.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 60
He's the only danio. He's with a couple other community fish though. Tetras and what not.

All the other fish are fine

His scales sticking out you mean? No they don't appear to be. His eyes aren't bulging either

Mine looks almost the same. At the beginning thought she was pregnant but she is a he. Now, I am very sure it is a tumor as the bump doesn't look soft but rather hard. He is fine as far as I can tell. He eats and chases all the other glofish as always.

Hard to see from the pictures. It could be a female that is full of eggs. Keep observing " her"and see if the belly flattens out.

Also, danios like to be in groups of 6 +. How big is your tank?

Nice. Keep an eye on him and see if his health improves. Adding more glofish will be great for him as he might feel lonely. A school of glofish helps not only to spread the aggressiveness/territorial issues but it will also improve their health. They are social fish and like to be between themselves. My fist two fish were glofish. After having a school, one of the first original two disappeared in one hot summer night and the health of the other started to deteriorate. I think that he missed his original mate and stopped eating. I had to euthanize him.

Back
Top Bottom