Danio is bloated - pic included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthonyrawks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I am new here. I posted on my old aquarium website, but it's been pretty slow there.

I've got a 29 gallon tank with two giant danios and a few tropheus duboisi. They've been in this tank together for over a year. The danios I have had for probably 5 years and I got the tropheus when they were juvenile.

One of the danios is very bloated in the abdomen. Fins are not pineconing. I only noticed it today when I was doing the water change, so it must've been a very recent thing.

I also read up on Malawi bloat, but would it take this long for it to show up?

I do not have a hospital tank, as I live in a small apartment.

img_995073_0_c5c39ad81bce8106cfa00fc37fd03899.jpg

You might be able to remove him to a container that would work for a QT, I would say without knowing exactly what it is you can try lots of clean water....like daily water changes for a while. If you had a QT you could also try epsom salts.

I would stop feeding and do lots of water changes and see if that helps.

After the water change yesterday and no food in the tank for about 24 hours, the swelling is down tremendously. I am not sure what the cause was.

Ah well. I will feed the tank much less than usual tonight and see what happens.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom