Danios slowly dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
For some reason my danios are slowly dying. First when I came home from a friends I noticed that my Glofish had died. Now another one of my. Danios are looking really weird and isn't very active. What is happening? Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-3969352243.jpg
    image-3969352243.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 70
Just checked my water parameters. Ammonia=0ppm NO2=0ppm NO3=10ppm

No diseases, 29 gallon tank. Kept at a constant 82 degrees.

I have noticed the he has been getting slimmer over the days. I turned down the current and allowed him some more attention, but it still isn't helping.

82 is a bit warm for goldfish. Not sure about danios, but it sounds a bit warm. Try lowering heat down a bit. They do well from 70-82 I think so try lowering temp to like 76-78??? Hope it works. Good luck.

I have air stones so oxygen is not a problem. And the temp ranges from 78-82

No everything is fine. My water parameters. My temperature. I'm kind of freaked out because another two died in the past week. Help me please. Am I not feeding them enough?

I agree with the temperature. I would try to keep it around 76 and see if that helps. How old are the danios? I lost a whole school and it turned out that my angel fish was chasing them to death. By the time I figured out what was wrong, it was too late.

The way to help them recover from stress enduced "waisting" is a lower temperature.

I'm sure you're feeding them enough - danios generally have NO problem eating...

I'm not sure what is going on in your case BUT lower that temp and see if it helps. When their immune system becomes weakened by *whatever* sometimes they just can't recover. .

Choonchiesback said:
82 is a bit warm for goldfish. Not sure about danios, but it sounds a bit warm. luck.

GLOfish, not goldfish ;-)
Glofish = Danio

Best temp 72-78 deg

I'd love to have some of these one day..

Back
Top Bottom