Dead Bolivian ram, water parameters normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
Woke up today and went to feed my fish and found my Bolivian ram at the bottom of the tank dead. The only noticeable issue on him was that the base of his fins were all red, maybe that's what happens when they die but I never noticed it before. All my other fish are perfect, my water parameters are...
pH 7.4-7.8, Ammonia 0 ppm, Nitrite 0 ppm, and Nitrate is around 10 ppm. My stock is

x5 Black Skirt Tetra
x1 Yoyo Loach
x1 Chinese Algae Eater
x3 Agazzsi Cory Catfish

The only thing I can think of is my Chinese Algae eater killed him. Lately he was hiding a lot in a rock cave I have and seemed like he was always scared to come out, and occasionally I would see the algae eater chasing him and what seemed like nipping, but they have weird mouths so I don't know. Honestly I'm hoping it is the algae eater and not something worse, help please :(

black skirt tetras sometimes are aggressive too watch your group and make sure there isnt one picking on the rest, if so i would bring the aggressive one back and get another

I've had the ram for around 3 months or so, is there a disease that causes red bases of fins? Just trying to figure out what this is, I've never seen the tetras mess with anyone other than themselves.

All I could find is ammonia poisoning which it can't be, ammonia levels are 0 ppm and no other fish have any symptoms.

Wasn't much on the fins, I'm thinking it was the algae eater. I'll keep a close eye out the next few days to see if any of my other fish suffer from anything.

Back
Top Bottom