Dead Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since my water is practically calcium pebbles I was afraid to try regular neon tetras. The local fish guy told me the black neons are a little more hardy. So far so good.

Since my water is practically calcium pebbles I was afraid to try regular neon tetras. The local fish guy told me the black neons are a little more hardy. So far so good.
Tetras are so good they are lively and don't disappoint in colour. Both are a very hardy fish. I hope it settles for you

I have a school of neon tetras in 8.6 pH for several years now. Never a problem with them either. I hear they can be sensitive but not in my experience.

I have a school of neon tetras in 8.6 pH for several years now. Never a problem with them either. I hear they can be sensitive but not in my experience.
In a way I wish I would have tried the neon tetras. I like the black ones I have just not as much. Wonder if my Betta would harass them. :lol:

I keep several kinds of fish in high pH out of the tap and I have never had any problems usually associated with high pH. Personally, I don't think it matters all that much but in mainly a few very low tolerant fish. The majority adapt IMO.

Back
Top Bottom