I started this hobby back in July of this year.. I started with a 20 gallon tank, and decided to upgrade to a 48 gallon after the tank cycled.. Once I got the OK from the fish store I proceeded... All of the fish I had from the 20 gallon transitioned nicely. I purchased more fish since I had a bigger area. The fish I started buying from petsmart, must have been sick... And started doing almost quickly... Within a day or 2.. I believe those fish carried either a disease or parasites or both.. No white spots, no ick. I have now had nothing but deaths in my tank hitting my original fish and now they are dying. Some other fish I purchases from a fish store are now dying. I just tested water yesterday, and did a 50% water change yesterday. Here is my water parameters as of now..
0.25 ammonia 0 nitrite 5.0 nitrate 7.6 pH 7.8 high range pH let me say I had a lot of fish die in a 2 weeks.. So I'm assuming these deaths have spiked the ammonia. It hasn't been present since August 1st. Here is the current fish I have 5 neon 2 guppies 1 algae eater 1 catfish 3 red minor tetras 1 balloon molly 3 black skirt tetras 10 patties 2 diamond tetras 7 baby snails... The adult snail we had was dead in the tank for 3 days. I really need some help please. 2 platties look to be next...