*Deaths*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chudze

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I started this hobby back in July of this year.. I started with a 20 gallon tank, and decided to upgrade to a 48 gallon after the tank cycled.. Once I got the OK from the fish store I proceeded... All of the fish I had from the 20 gallon transitioned nicely. I purchased more fish since I had a bigger area. The fish I started buying from petsmart, must have been sick... And started doing almost quickly... Within a day or 2.. I believe those fish carried either a disease or parasites or both.. No white spots, no ick. I have now had nothing but deaths in my tank hitting my original fish and now they are dying. Some other fish I purchases from a fish store are now dying. I just tested water yesterday, and did a 50% water change yesterday. Here is my water parameters as of now..
0.25 ammonia 0 nitrite 5.0 nitrate 7.6 pH 7.8 high range pH let me say I had a lot of fish die in a 2 weeks.. So I'm assuming these deaths have spiked the ammonia. It hasn't been present since August 1st. Here is the current fish I have 5 neon 2 guppies 1 algae eater 1 catfish 3 red minor tetras 1 balloon molly 3 black skirt tetras 10 patties 2 diamond tetras 7 baby snails... The adult snail we had was dead in the tank for 3 days. I really need some help please. 2 platties look to be next...

what do you mean "look to be next" what are the symptoms? If you aren't seeing anything external then you must have internal parasites. You can only treat those with meds. Keep up on water changes about 25-30% daily and get API General Cure that has been the best for me with IP's.

By looking next I mean sitting at the bottom, gasping for air.. Also swimming in one place at the bottom

If there not wasting away I would say you have a water issue. Keep up on your water changes.

I agree, daily water changes and a broad spectrum med. remember to remove carbon from the filter.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Back
Top Bottom