Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to The_Desacrator
Denison Barb has a white mouth

So one of my denison barb's mouth has turned white. I think he is eating okay(will confirm later when I feed everyone. He is in a 60g with 7 other denison barbs and a common pleco. Will be doing a water change manana. No signs of aggression from other tankmates. Cant take pics as my camera battery is dead.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I lost two of my 5+ year old denisons to some sort of mouth problem.Not a fungus ,possibly bacterial ,but real issue was mouth would not function well enough to keep fish healthy over months.
I treated the tank with prazi and then metro .Neither seemed to do anything.
I could have treated with kanna and furan2 but just did not see an issue in the tank.Just the two roselines ?
For what it is worth almost all Denisons are bred and raised on our favorite Asian fish farms behind the curtains [read on breeding Denisons].It is all induced and achieved with steroids so IMO I just hope they haven't turned this fish into another dwarf gourami !
They are one of my all time favorites and I am 99% certain when my school drops below 6 I will get another 6-7 to add. Mine are over 6 years now ,the remaining 7.

Cool fast water for them and keeping it clean is best.
I have found in other tanks that a prophylactic dose of methylene blue never hurts ,and often helps.
^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to The_Desacrator
Thanks for the reply. I have a powerhead going 24/7 so circulation should be good. I will try to get some of that blue thing when i can make it to the store.

Tags
barb, denison, denison barb, mouth, white

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com