Diagnosis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Steve

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's the case:
20 Gallon tank that I've had since Nov. 2014 (first tank), that recently finished cycling in January. I've been adding fish slowly since then and have 1 Marigold Swordtail, 1 Creamsicle Molly, 1 Black Molly, and 4 Zebra Danios. I just added the Danios last week. The levels in my tank are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, <10 nitrate, and a pH of 8 (same as the tap water). The filtration is a Marineland Penguin 150 HOB. I perform 25% pwc's every week.
After a couple of days out of town I noticed white spots on the Black Molly (see attached picture). I did a 50% pwc/gravel vacuum right away. I've also given her a few salt baths over the last couple of days using 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt to 2 cups aquarium water. I've even gave my other fish salt baths as well, hoping to keep them from getting infected with whatever it is.
(20150405_222858_016.jpg?)
My options are limited. A quarantine tank isn't really an option right now, and I can't raise the temperature on my heater.
Also, it might be worth noting that when I came home the two little fry I had in a breeder box were dead--poor little guys. They were a surprise that came with the Black Molly.
What is it, what are my options, and what should I do next?
Thanks for your help.

By the looks of things it white spot treat your tank with white spot take the carbon out of the tank when doing this after a few days treat it again and then put the carbon back in and see if that help you out mate good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep it's likely ick. Treat with medication since you can't adjust the heat.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom