Diagnosis required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess1982

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all!

My bronze lion head has suddenly developed some random red marks on her body. I have been away but my partner told me they literally appeared overnight 2 days ago. I have just got home and can see the marks are mostly on her belly and near her anal region but she also has 2 red splodges near the top of her back. I am saying 'her' but i can't say for sure its not a boy. I just think she behaves like a girl :)

She is eating and swimming normally. No clamped fins or scrapes that i can see so I am a little stumped. As soon as my partner mentioned red marks i instantly thought of ammonia poisoning but i have just checked the water and the ammonia is 0ppm. All other readings are the same as normal. The only other thing i could think of is septecemia but normally that's a secondary issue and until now the ranchu has been absolutely fine. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thanks!

Hi Princess! Can you post a pic of your guy (or girl) and the marks you are seeing? Are they scrapes/missing scales or bloodshot areas or something else such as open sores? Not sure what's going on here as your water is stable and I don't know what the marks look like. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom