Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Diamond Tetra with cloudy eye

I've noticed that one of my diamond tetras has recently developed a cloudy eye only on its left eye. I looked through the symptoms on this page but I can't tell what it might be. Can anyone help me determine what might be wrong with my fish's eye? This is the only fish in the tank exhibiting a problem.

I spent some time trying to get pictures of this little rascal, but it moves around quickly for my camera skills. The last picture shows a little depth where you can see the eye sticks out a little more than the other one.

A little background, I discovered yesterday that our filter motor had seized up and had not been running for a few days. (sadly 5) We couldn't tell because when the tank is full to the top with water, the sound is indistinguishable from the noise of the air bubbles. The problem was rectified immediately, including a 50% water change, vacuuming, and a new filter.

Community 55 gallon fresh water tank with the following fish:
2 Bala sharks
2 diamond tetras
2 Siamese algae eaters
6 harlequin rasbora
9 albino glow lights
1 powder blue gourami
1 zebra danio

(click images to enlarge)

Old 02-22-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Check your water parameters (ammonia,nitrite, nitrates); its the first place to look for any prob, but is the leading cause of cloudy eye. Its possible the dead filter wound up killing off some of your bacterial colony.

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, cloudy, cloudy eye, eye, tetra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com