Diamond Tetra with cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

handruin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've noticed that one of my diamond tetras has recently developed a cloudy eye only on its left eye. I looked through the symptoms on this page but I can't tell what it might be. Can anyone help me determine what might be wrong with my fish's eye? This is the only fish in the tank exhibiting a problem.

I spent some time trying to get pictures of this little rascal, but it moves around quickly for my camera skills. :) The last picture shows a little depth where you can see the eye sticks out a little more than the other one.

A little background, I discovered yesterday that our filter motor had seized up and had not been running for a few days. (sadly 5) We couldn't tell because when the tank is full to the top with water, the sound is indistinguishable from the noise of the air bubbles. The problem was rectified immediately, including a 50% water change, vacuuming, and a new filter.

Community 55 gallon fresh water tank with the following fish:
2 Bala sharks
2 diamond tetras
2 Siamese algae eaters
6 harlequin rasbora
9 albino glow lights
1 powder blue gourami
1 zebra danio

(click images to enlarge)

Check your water parameters (ammonia,nitrite, nitrates); its the first place to look for any prob, but is the leading cause of cloudy eye. Its possible the dead filter wound up killing off some of your bacterial colony.

Back
Top Bottom