Dieing BB Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azn_fishy55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my bumble bee gobies on thursday and ever since they have been hapily eating live brine shrimp.I fed them on friday but I did not on saturday because nobody was home.But today I found 4 BB gobies dead and one with fungus on its gill.How do I stop them from dieing and cure the fungus?

What size tank? How old is it? What are your test readings? is the tank brackish? Were they kept in brackish water at the lfs?

bumble bee gobies are brackish fish. You need to get their brackish tolerance up slowly and add a fungal medication.

Ummm,the tank size is 14 gallons,about one and a half months,yup about on sg of 1.004(since I have plants),well no but I got them right out of the bag.I'll give u the paramiters tomorrow...its my bedtime.

I drip acclimated for about...30-40 mins.BTW here are my water parameters pH:7.8 Ammonia:.5 ppm Nitrite:.1ppm Nitrate:10 ppm.Also I am having a breakout in hair algae what do I do?

Well you need to finish your cycle, but you probably already know that. I think the change in salinity and the presense of ammonia did in what can be very sensitive fish. You can put in melafix to try and save the last one.

Back
Top Bottom