DIY co2 causing Betta tail rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicklid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I do weekly water changes of 50% in my planted tank. I started DIY co2 in the last week, as well as began dosing basic seachem ferts and excel. That is the only thing I have done differently in the last seven days, and now, my Betta has lost much of his tail, almost overnight. Am I jumping to conclusions about the addition of co2 having anything to do with this? I just have a hard time swallowing the fact that I vacuum the sand once a week with a large PWC and am having a fin rot outbreak.

My betta gets really bad finrot almost immediately if I change anything in his territory, he's just one of those types. Though if things are left and he gets settled back in, his fins grow back just as fast as they went :D

Perhaps your betta is sensitive as well? Let us know how he is doing...

I am monitoring him, and will post updates. The tail is not all the way down to the base, just about half or slightly more than half of his tail is gone (which was very long anyway, longer than any betta I have had before). Would there be any type of visible things like cottony fungus, or irritation around the area as well? So far, it seems to have halted in its tracks, no more tail is missing than yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom