Do my fish have ich???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i justed checked my tank and saw that my GBRs are covered with little white dots on there fins and my BN pleco has some white dots on him to, and so do my neons ii dont know if this is ich but if it is what should i do to kill it?

image-1384122563.jpg

image-2387166901.jpg

First slowly raise the temperature about a degree an hour until you get to 85. A lot of time that will be all it takes to deal with ich and some people may suggest salt but you have a pleco and like all scaless fish they are very sensitive to salt and it shouldn't be used with them. There are also some ich treatments that can be added to the water, just make sure that it is safe for use with all of your fish.

First slowly raise the temperature about a degree an hour until you get to 85. A lot of time that will be all it takes to deal with ich and some people may suggest salt but you have a pleco and like all scaless fish they are very sensitive to salt and it shouldn't be used with them. There are also some ich treatments that can be added to the water, just make sure that it is safe for use with all of your fish.

In added salt before you posted this :( what should i do? A wc?

I also picked this up at petsmart

image-799140306.jpg

I would just go with the heat (i go to 88℉ raising one degree an hour) for now. And give it 4 days if no improvement the try the med but read carefully as the fish will be more sensitive I think and you must increase the water agitation by lowering water level so the filter makes a waterfall and use a bubbler hot water carries less oxygen (if you lower the level you have to realize how many gallons u are at because u can easily overdose....dose the actual gallons of water not what the tank holds... I'm at day 8 of 10 of heat treatment and one dose of meds (meds killed a fish I didn't carbon it out till day 7 tho and didnt give it again)

Raise temp to 86 not higher unless its a really bad case. You dont wanna cook your fish. Add aquarium salt, 1 tablespoon per 5g of water

Don't use any medicine. Most of the time they do more harm then good

This isnt true. Depending on the pleco, they are actually more able to deal with things then most fish wit h scales. Its loaches you have to worry about

Raise temp to 86 not higher unless its a really bad case. You dont wanna cook your fish. Add aquarium salt, 1 tablespoon per 5g of water

Don't use any medicine. Most of the time they do more harm then good

So i added salt,the meds, and the temps at 82 i added a bubbler and the fish look great! I cant see any ich on any of them exept for the pleco, and i forgot to tell you i have a banded kuhli loach but he has been out and playing so i think hes ok.

So i added salt,the meds, and the temps at 82 i added a bubbler and the fish look great! I cant see any ich on any of them exept for the pleco, and i forgot to tell you i have a banded kuhli loach but he has been out and playing so i think hes ok.

Continue to raise the temperature to 86 slowly

Back
Top Bottom