Does my Dwarf Gourami have DGD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a dwarf gourami before and I was always paranoid about him getting DGD and he never did. Recently, I got another Gourami to put in my mom's 10 gallon aquarium. It wasn't until after I brought him home that I noticed a spot in his side. It looks a bit swollen and I don't know for sure but it seems that it may have gotten a bit worse. He's acting fine though and still eating. Is it Dwarf Gourami Disease?

image-4214129120.jpg

image-932522603.jpg

image-642269918.jpg

image-1931665465.jpg

I know I can't cure DGD but what should I do from here? There are 3 Endler's in the tank also. Are they at risk?

I don't know much about the disease itself..but from what I remember they should be fine..that the disease is just in DGs. And once your tank has the disease all of the future Dwarfs are capable of getting it from being in it. Lots of big water changes are needed. It is species specific to an extent (so I've heard) if you don't take care of it it can lead to other problems in the tank for others. Correct me if I'm wrong on that if anyone knows..cuz I'm only going off my memory at the moment lol.

Back
Top Bottom