Does my guppy have fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YabbiesNGuppies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had these guppies for a few months now and have only just recently heard about fin rot, I immediately checked all of my fish just to make sure and this male was the only fish with any symptoms. It has the split ends at the bottom of his tale and the white/clear line on the edge of his tale and it looks like looks like he does have it but it does not look like it is spreading. The photo* I attached called 'Aquaman' is a photo I took on one of the first days of getting my fish, and the other photo is a photo from today. It does not look like it has spread or progressed at all, and it also looks like it has not been passed on to any of the other fish in tank. If anyone could tell me if it is fin rot or not and if it is, whether I should still treat it even though it is not spreading.
All advice welcome. Thanks

*I apologise for the photo quality they are not great

Attachments

• Aquaman.jpg
    Aquaman.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail_C6B0F64E-E40C-4B48-B8C0-F867BC7BC9A3.jpg
    thumbnail_C6B0F64E-E40C-4B48-B8C0-F867BC7BC9A3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 22
The best thing you can do to help your fish recover is maintain excellent water condition. Do you know what your water parameters are? What is your normal water change schedule?

Could you give some more details on the tank? Size, how long you have had it, other occupants?

Are you sure the damage isnt being caused by other fish bullying this one?

Back
Top Bottom