Does this look like a burn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all

I noticed today on my common pleco this white spot... It wasn't there this afternoon, and he was just added to this new tank 2 days ago... Do you think this looks like a burn?
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• image-3585199036.jpg
    image-3585199036.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 86
I doubt it is a burn. What would he have burned himself on ? If the heater is hot enough to burn him, it's much too hot for the tank.

Any chance it was a small wound that is now showing signs of fungal infection ?

Remember high ammonia levels can "burn" fish. My paradise gourami showed that exact mark and it was ammonia burns. Check your levels

Ammonia can burn, certainly but it would not only burn one small spot. If it was that bad, it would burn the whole fish.

Usually the gills are the first area affected, and fish usually look lethargic, may have clamped fins, stop eating, etc.

But checking water parameters is always a good idea to start with.

Yeah I'm leaning towards fungus. Prima and mela fix work for me and they are ok for scale less fin because its just herbal. Remove your carbon filter and follow the directions. Although still test the water.

You broke the chain man...

But I had a common pleco fight with a frontosa and he didnt come out lookin like that.

You broke the chain man...

But I had a common pleco fight with a frontosa and he didnt come out lookin like that.

Edit your last post to include whatever else you had to say. Come on, I just said the same thing on your other post. No one wants to read 10 pages of one person talking. The edit button always works.

Its possibly a fight. You never know. Like I said on your other thread, don't medicate for what you dont know. It could cause more problems. I think its a fight but I could be wrong. Wait and see if it gets bigger or not. Looks like open flesh though and I would QT him asap

Ok!!!!!!! When you first said it, that was the first time I had ever seen that! I had no clue it was there. Like really I had no clue that this site had an edit button. I coudlve saved so much time had I known about it but until you pointed it out I had no idea.

Ok!!!!!!! When you first said it, that was the first time I had ever seen that! I had no clue it was there. Like really I had no clue that this site had an edit button. I coudlve saved so much time had I known about it but until you pointed it out I had no idea.

Its very handy for when you misspell words from using a phone

Well .. The tank is new maybe been up and running for 3 weeks (fully cycled) my nitrates are a little high at 20. But I have these rocks that I made a cave out of, maybe he cut himself on that. ... I noticed that he has been hanging out around the heater, it's a 300 watt heater and when it's on you can actually see heat waves in the water from it at certain angles... I really don't know how hot it gets, but tht was my anitial thoughts. My inhabitants are 2 gourami 1 golden dogo loach, 5 bleeding heart tetras, 3 shrimp, I forgot the names of the other fish there's 5 of these little bottom feeders, the fish guy I bought them from said spas use them for people's feet or something. 8 neon fish, there not neon tetras there yellow pink blue I have to look up there names too. If its not gone or better today the. I'll go get that suff I think his immunity might have dropped a little when I moved him from my 36 gal to my 75 gal.
Thanks for all the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom