Does this look like ICH??? only one fish has it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VWVR6Love

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a planted 29 gallon that is normally in very healthy condition. well just recently i bought 6 Serpae Tetras. not realizing that they had a mouth fungus, i put them in my tank. :evil: well i have been treating them for the fungus with Melafix, which has been workign VERY well up til i saw these lil white spots! :evil: could someone help me as to what this is? is it ICH or is it something else? i think it is ICH, but i wanna make sure with the Experts. thanks for any help Everyone!!

IMGP1214.jpg

IMGP1211.jpg

it's a form of skin infection yes..
bump your heat to 28'C Not sure what that is in F
add salt, to the scale of 1 tablespoon to 20L or less
if it's only one affected, maybe he is being picked on and has let down his immune system, allowing cause for infection.
I had a native fish do this just recently after being savagly attacked by the oscars.
he's currently thriving and is almost ready to eat again
oh and the img tags go the other way around. ie

hth
Matt.

Got it!! thanks!! i finally figured out the IMG's it was putting them in backwards for me so i switched them around to make them work

86f would work fine. You don't really need the salt. The ich should melt away. Leave heat at 86 for at least 4 weeks and all should be well.

i guess i better get a better heater cause i got a Marineland that only oes up to 82-83 degrees. maybe i can put a nice warm light on it for awhile you think that might help?

You can adjust the temperatures on the heaters. Do you know the wattage of it? Most should go up, and not shut off...unless they have an internal, non changable thermostat. Is that the case with yours?

If that is ich, it is the strangest case I have seen :eyes: . Ich is more random, not one spot per scale in perfect rows. It looks more like it is secreting something. What are your water parameters and when was your last pwc?

i agree that it doesn't look like Ich.. although raising the temperature to about 86 will probably help, i would NOT add salt.
I would continue to dose with the melafix until it clears up and keep the temperature up.

Wow!! i dont know if the heat did it, or if it was just something the fish was doing. but it is gone!! and all of my fish look great now!! i will proceed with the heat for the 4 weeks as specified. that way i dont get a reoccurence! thanks alot all of you!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom