Dragon Goby Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyektulu

Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi everyone.

I have not been too happy over the last couple of days, I found my Prize Dragon Goby dead two days ago. :(

At feeding times the day before he was not around so I kept 'sneaking into' the fish room (even though he has always charged to the front of the tank to show off when I enter) to no avail.
I found him the very next day, his corpse had been feasted on by the Senegals.
I dont know what killed him, he was not a new purchase I have had him for over a year.

I am wondering what it could of been, it certainly was not old age and he was eating very well and growing at a good rate, swimming around happily, he seemed better than ever over the last few months.

In the tank I have 2 young Senegal Birchers (they were the same size as my goby, if not slightly smaller) A asian loach (which is a bully, he has killed ghost shrimp before, he has only been in the tank for a few weeks) and some hoplos, minnows and barbs.

I think it may of been the loach that bullied him to death, I know that the birchers fed oon him but dont think they killed him. :(

:( "Surprise" fish losses are the hardest to deal with because you don't know what happened and may not be able to prevent it in the future. Having watched a few fish get "bullied" to death, that is one possible explanation. If it wasn't bullying, it could have been a myriad of things--heat attack, stroke, etc.

Back
Top Bottom