Dropsy, white spots, Spot on eye... HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeppedy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55Gal freshwater tank that's been in operation for over a year here and transferred from many years at another location. All has been going well for the last year. Nothing unusual.
I have been in and out for the last few weeks and things have gotten out of control for the tank. The plants became overgrown, gravel not vacuumed as often as usual, chemicals/supplements added on an irregular schedule...
A couple of days ago, I noticed some things that looked like signs of bad things coming, but not having seen them before I wasn't sure. Here's what's up:
Dropsy in one or two of my Zebra Danios.
Black skirt Tetra has a white spot on the outside of his eye (not popeye)
Neon Tetra with a big white growth on its mouth looking like a big piece of food hanging out of its mouth.
One or two other Danios have a white spot (large, not salt grain) on their back towards the head. Hard to see clearly as they are swimming like, well, Danios!

What's UP??? The dropsy is understandable and however unfortunate, doesn't worry me as poor water quality is frequently the cause and I know that my tank got away from me in my absence.

But the white spot/growths?

HELP.....

Back
Top Bottom