Dully colored ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
I just picked up a pair of GBR for my tank last night. They are both females- I wanted a pair but I'll just get a male soon- and the smaller female is very dully colored. The larger one- only bigger by about a half inch- is vivid and gorgeous. The smaller resembles this image-
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39080&thumb=1&d=1324424037
Is she just a juvenile or stressed? The other female colored up extremely quickly. Both are swimming well, looking for food, etc. params are-
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-10
pH-7.5-7.6
Temp- 78
Tank is a thirty with some live Vals and Anubias but for now mostly fakes until they grow in. There are three chunks of wood. Three filters, tetra 10i, aqua clear 150, tetra second nature 5.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How big is the smaller one? Do you have pics?

They should not be very colorful as juveniles.

The smaller one is about 1.25 inches. I reached my image limit though and don't have a laptop to upload through.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can upload pics to an image hosting service like Photobucket, Imgur, etc. and link the images here.

There are apps for imgur that will upload the image straight from your phone and give you the code you can paste straight into your post.

Small GBR will have less colour then big full grown ones. Significantly... I just got a small male for my female and he is very dull in comparison to her. It is likely just a juvenile, with a small dash of stress from moving.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom