Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Dwarf Gourami

Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami 0 don't think he is going to make it. NOticed earlier today that he was not as "zippy" as he usually is. when I was doing my water change this morning he kinda got caught in one of the floating plants but then freed himself. since then he has not looked very well. did another water change just a few minutes ago and he is kinda laying on his side sure wish he would perk up!! are dwarf gouramis not as hardy as my other fish? I have been doing water changes and staying on top of the ammonia but it is higher than what everyone would want. I have fry in the tank as well and I didn't know how much water changes I could do to all them. is the correct answer "as many as it takes to get the ammonia down"?
If he makes it through the night will I be able to save him through enough water changes?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

From what ive read on this site DG's have not been getting the best reputation lately.How long have you had him?

But with the ammonia spikes, the short answer is that yes you need to do enough waterchanges to keep it down at a low enough level

Tags
dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com