Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Dwarf gourami and a spiderweb

I have a 29g planted tank 2 hob filters (50 and a 10), parameters are 0's across the board and a handfull of other fish who are seemingly healthy.
My light is on from sun up to sun down (follows sun pattern). I'm doing 30%-45% water changes weekly.

I have 2 Dwarf gourami who seem to be doing perfect, until last night... I took a look in the tank before bed and spotted 1 Dwarf doing just fine and another laying partially on his side behind a piece of driftwood. I thought he was dead so I attempted to scoop him, and he swam away and never went back to the bottom. An hour or so later he was in between plants, nose up. His fins appear fine, no missing scales or white dots. I did notice that he has what appears to be bruising on both of his sides towards his front.. That's new. I have not noticed any of the other fish bullying him at all. I went to bed fully expecting him to be gone in the morning. I did about a 35% WC. Upon waking up he's swimming around and eating just fine. However, when the current catches him just right, I noticed a spiderweb like sometime on top of his body. It's very small and very thin. I have NO idea what this is. Any ideas?

Edit: I've been watching him for a bit and I don't notice that web thing anymore. It's possible was just floating by near him (though I don't think so). Regardless, his behavior was not normal.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #2

He's not doing too hot now. Eyes are cloudy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170427_143051.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	298607  

Old 04-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

I think you just have a dying fish on your hands, sorry to say. It might have been old or already ill when you bought it. Probably best just to let Nature take it's course. I seem to recall reading that a lot of DGs in recent years come in with a particular illness, though I don't recall the details.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #4

That looks like an anchor worm to me.

Tags
dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com