Dwarf Honey Gourami Not Eating, acting a little different??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shiina107

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello! In my 10 gallon planted tank, I have the cutest Dwarf Honey Gourami that has been an absolute delight to keep! She has been very active over the few weeks i've had her, very alert, always picking at things in her sorroundings and has always been a very voracious eater...until recently. I did a major WC(Around 50%) and really got hands on with my thorough cleaning of algae and other things from all surfaces of the tank(DW, live plants, walls, filter, heater, etc..) ever since then it seems she has dulled to a paler yellow of when i first got her, and has also not been eating in front of me... She has been sitting on top of my in tank filter(I have a Fluval Nano 10-15) and she seems to sit there most of the day, coming out every so often to just kinda look around, but not really pick at anything. She must be eating because I have seen her swimming around with poop. She lives with 4 cherry barbs, the tank is heavily planted. My water parameters are 0 for ammonia and nitrites, nitrates are at around 10-15 and my water is a consistent 78 degrees Fahrenheit. The tank is aerated and i use Flourish Excel for the plants. The cherry barbs all seem to be acting perfectly fine for the most part. 2 males and 2 females, and the pairs, oddly enough, seem to stick with eachother with 1 pair being very timid and introverted and the other pair being very outgoing and active, often coming to the front of the tank when i approach. However, the tank mates were not always cherry barbs. Awhile ago i had 2 guppies in there and 1 unfortunately died, so I rehomed the other because he seemed to do better with other guppies. I then had a zebra danio that has been moved to my 55 to join my shoal of 10 in there, after being alone for a few days i bought 2 barbs and after a few more days i bought another 2 and did the 50% water change after that.

My main hypothesis is that the DHG is just stressed out from the new inhabitants and from my hands and instruments being in the tank to clean it out. However if anyone else has anything that might help, please let me know. My fish are my everything and I just want what's best for them.

Thank you for reading and if you have any advice, please let me know, i will provide any other information that i can!

I use test strips, however I know these are inaccurate. I have had it tested at a pet store using a liquid tester and my readings actually came back quite similar. Nitrates about the same, nitrites at 0 ammonia 0.

Back
Top Bottom