Dwarf neon rainbow fish dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed last night that he was breathing heavy and swimming at the top. I checked my water and amm=0, nitrite 0 and nitrate around 20. He was dead this morning I did a 35% partial water change on Sunday. I do not use carbon in my filter. I read it really isn't needed. Could this be a cause. My tank is a 29 gallon pretty stocked. Also this morning I saw a neon tetra almost dead, then I couldn't find him. This is weird.

Your water doesnt seem to be an issue. Whether you use carbon or not, this isnt a factor in your fish death. I have to agree that it is most likely poor stock. Keep us posted if you have any more issues!

He was doing great for a while. I have 2 well now 1 male and 2 female neon rainbow fish. I would of just said ok if just the rainbow fish died, but also my neon tetra. I find it weird.

Here he is. My other male last night was trying to finish him off. He was fighting with him.

ForumRunner_20120110_105515.jpg

same thing happened to me with on of my dwarf neons, my water was perfect, i think it is also just poor stock.

The neon came back to life, the rainbowfish was so cool looking I feel bas I couldn't help him

How are rainbow fish temperament when stocked properly? Are they good community fish?

Was looking into getting a small school of Bosemani for the 90g.
But there's kribs, a juvie yellow lab, red eye and glow light tetras, and some other bottom dwellers.

Mine di not bother any other fish. They are a good community fish, my two males seemed like they were competing with each other. The bigger male got sick and the smaller one saw that and kept bothering him. I dont think they are really aggressive. The boesemi will look good in that size tank

After about a 40% water change a neon tetra and dwarf neon rain ow fish dead. Could it be the amount of water I am changing affecting them?

The only thing I can think of is the ph of my tap is 6.4 and the ph of my tank is about 7.2

The only thing I can think of is the ph of my tap is 6.4 and the ph of my tank is about 7.2

Thats a decent difference. You can try doing more fequent, smaller changes (20-25% 2-3x wk) to lessen the ph swing but still keep a healthy tank.

Back
Top Bottom