Dying??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another choice is boiled egg yoke paste like you would feed to fry. Its super high in protein like a sick fish needs. That could be an option if you can't get to an lfs.

absolutangel04 said:
Another choice is boiled egg yoke paste like you would feed to fry. Its super high in protein like a sick fish needs. That could be an option if you can't get to an lfs.

Is it very messy? Think he would eat it?

absolutangel04 said:
When I feed to my fry, every other fish in the tank goes crazy for it. Its only messy if you use too much.

Good, ill try tomorrow possibly.

Problem is, he can only eat stuff he sees that is floating. Once everything sinks eventually, he wont eat it. Now there are several bloodworms and flakes at the bottom. I dont want them to break down, but he wont eat them!

The egg yolk will disperse slowly. Since he is in the breeder box, you should be able to show it to him and let him see it before letting it touch the water?

absolutangel04 said:
The egg yolk will disperse slowly. Since he is in the breeder box, you should be able to show it to him and let him see it before letting it touch the water?

Im not sure if he isthat smart lol! It should go through the breeder net

Lol, well you won't really know unless you try it I guess. My best advice is give tiny amounts and see what happens. You are likely to run into the same problem with other foods too I would think. You can of course try other things too and see what works. No harm in trying with this stuff.
How much has he been interested in the food you gave him?

absolutangel04 said:
Lol, well you won't really know unless you try it I guess. My best advice is give tiny amounts and see what happens. You are likely to run into the same problem with other foods too I would think. You can of course try other things too and see what works. No harm in trying with this stuff.
How much has he been interested in the food you gave him?

Very, until it sank!

Mumma.of.two said:
Yay! That's great news!

Yes im very excited. Provlem is, fish tend to get stuck etweenthe tank and breeder net? Anything i can do to fix this?

Also, the net the hatchet is in is under one of our lights. Would that bug him if the light was shining on him?

Gboy66 said:
Yes im very excited. Provlem is, fish tend to get stuck etweenthe tank and breeder net? Anything i can do to fix this?

Also, the net the hatchet is in is under one of our lights. Would that bug him if the light was shining on him?

I have fish swim between my net and the glass too. The only thing I found is to let it float around the tank (I have one with bubbles in it to make it float) but then it can topple over an the fish gets out.

I'm sure he is use to the lights but maybe put a piece of hornwort in the top to give him a place to hide.

Any updates for the little guy?

I'm looking to get about 8 at the LPS tomorrow and I just love the things. Hope he is still progressing!

Lol. Ya he doesnt move very much because he is in the breeder net, i feel bad for him, but ge seems to be getting fatter and when i touch him he swims around alot! :)

Back
Top Bottom