Dying fish for no reason!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tleyton

Aquarium Advice Activist
So...in the past 48 hours, I have had 3 guppies and a Cory catfish die. I bought the guppies 10 days ago and the Cory 2 days ago. Nitrites-0, ammonia-0, nitrates-5, ph-7.6, temp-78. I tested last night after the most recent deaths. The only changes have been that I added driftwood. My other fish are acting perfectly normal. Did I just get bad stock? Any ideas? I need to know if I'm doing something wrong before I replace them. Thanks in advance!

Drip acclimation over 30 mins. The store water ph wasn't too far off from mine so I didn't do it for too long.

How many fish did you buy in total ? Did you buy them after they got shipped into the store ? I usually wait a week after shipments come before I buy fish

I had 7 guppies (including the now deceased), 4 Cories (including the deceased), a BN pleco, 1 Molly and a snail in a 55 gallon. I honestly didn't ask when they came in.

I bought the 4 gups at the same time. The Cory was a few days later

Coulda been bad stock maybe next time make sure its been a week or more sinc e shipments came In

That's what I was hoping u would say. I figures if something was wrong all my fish would be showing signs of distress.

It's happend to me before but I been buying from Petsmart . I'm not 100% sure though

Back
Top Bottom