Electric Blue Ram Ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there
I have a 45 gallon tank that’s been running for about six or seven months. In it I have 2 ottos, several guppies and cardinals. A rainbow shark and four rams. I have a male and female German blue ram and a male and female electric blue ram. I’ve had them for about a month and a half. Recently the male electric has become listless. Floating around, gasping for breath etc. He stays at the top of the tank the majority of the time. He ate a bit when I fed them but not loads. He also seems to have a yellowish bruise on the top of his head and his belly looks a bit swollen. I immediately did a 40% water change. The German blues seem to chase him a bit and the male is a bit of a bully but he always stood up for himself. The other factor is that recently I did an ich treatment but that was about 2 and a half weeks ago. The last thing is that my female German blue has lost a bit of colour and turned a bit brown. She seems fine though. My ph is 6.8 and all the parameters seem fine apart from the nitrates which were a bit pink on the strip but I couldn’t match it exactly. But I’ve just done a water change so I’m at a loss at what to do.
All help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom