Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ember tetra with strange white marks

Hello,

I have a 30L planted aquarium with some ember tetras and red cherry shrimp and a Nerite snail.

I have noticed that one of my ember tetras has developed some strange white marks on its side, I have attached an image URL of the marks, not the best quality as taken on an iPhone on full zoom. It doesn't look like ICH as it is only on its body and not on the fins.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be and any safe treatments if required that are safe with invertebrates. If need be I should have enough equipment to set up a hospital tank.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/7FERGUl

Old 01-11-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

if your parameters are ok,you might try upping the water changes and clean the tank or aquarium salt. if you have plants - put the fish in a quarantine tank, or put the inverts in the quarantine tank and treat the main tank.

if the aquarium salt isn't working after a few days, maybe try an antibiotic with Nitrofurazone if your ph is below 7.2 or kanamycin if your ph is high. it's better to use a quarantine tank for medications because organics can cause the drug to be ineffective.

Tags
strange, tetra, white

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com