EMERGENCY:angel is all messed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
Her whole face is covered in white puffy ball things , won't eat, labored breathing, looks like her Anus is prolapsed, with white stringy clear waste it's getting worse by the hour, don't think she will make it through tomorrow and i only have select meds here, fungus guard, melafix.. Please help

Sent from my SM-G920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1449190314395.jpg
    1449190314395.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 1449190352157.jpg
    1449190352157.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 67
Hard to say?
Could she have be beaten up while trying to spawn?
Pic from front she doesn't look to be wasting?
Are you sure her vent is not what you see?

The white thing on her face are huge and getting bigger everytime i go check on her, ill take a video

I really don't know?
The end of the video should be helpful to someone.

Have you noticed the other angel picking on her?

No he's afraid of her

Something definitely seems wrong with her breeding tube, beyond that i just don't know. Is columnaris a possible culprit? At least of the white fuzz?

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

What can i do with the tube, swab lightly maybe, fish don't get egg bound i was told i don't know?

Fish CAN get egg bound. Your best bet in my experience is to try an anti fungal or separate her into a different solitary tank and treat with salt. The dosing is about a teaspoon per gallon but id half it and see how she handles it/if it has any effect. Whats in with her in the current tank?

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Quite a bit of fish, i posted my stock a while ago but I've lost alot of fish since then , and that's the thing my nephew used my salt for de icing the walk way, so I'm out of salt i might have enough for a light salt dip

I have another tank set up but it's not cycled and is for my nephews cichlids, i can't risk spreading this to that tank

The only anti fungal i have is fungus guard, i don't know if melafix is antifungal

Had to euthanize her, there has to be a better fricken way than ice water, she suffered in it for 30 seconds looking at me like help me, wtf i give up i can't do this, she was on her side pressed up against a log i tried another salt dip and a swab but she was so bloated maybe egg bound, selling all my stuff tomorrow i can't do this anymore R. I. P sapphire

Had to euthanize her, there has to be a better fricken way than ice water, she suffered in it for 30 seconds looking at me like help me, wtf i give up i can't do this, she was on her side pressed up against a log i tried another salt dip and a swab but she was so bloated maybe egg bound, selling all my stuff tomorrow i can't do this anymore R. I. P sapphire

Clove oil is the best way. Sorry for your loss. :(

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, don't give up! It really sucks when they go like that and you've fought the good fight. I've had fish that have shown no signs of infection but the tank has had multiple cottonmouth and ich infections (not all at once). Other fish you look at sideways and they go downhill. Frustrating!!

Each case I take the journey and look to get better. The tank gets more mature, the other fish get stronger and the aquarium is more established. And it just clicks.

I have to agree with Delapool. Take a couple days to sort through your feelings. I had to euthanize my EJBD for persistent issues. He was over 7" in length and I had him a number of years. It takes a bit to get over the loss. I almost tore down my tank, since he was the last fish in there.
After a couple days, I changed the substrate, and bought some fish (truthfully, not caring what I got). Now I'm glad I didn't take it down. And I seem more attuned to the tank and its condition now. Don't give up.
I know it's hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom