Emergency My killii is having a Stroke/seizure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mematrix

Aquarium Advice Regular
8O Hi All I hope someone can help me. I have a N.korthause mafia island tan02-5 killii. last night he had a stroke/seizure somthing realy blew me away. Its happened 3 times that I know of twice last nite around midnight and once this morning. Here's what happened as I observed it. Last night i was chopping up my frozen red worms to feed my fish. My killii was at front of tank waiting to be fed swimming around in anticipation looking normal. Then all of a sudden Bing Bing Bing ricochet rabbit all over the tank (10gal). He ended up on the bottom gills flared spasing and not breathing. I thought I just wittnessed my fish die right before my eyes. I reached for my net and I noticed that he started breathing again. I took a long piece of tubing and gently nudged him he started doing the uncontrolled swimming dying fish do. Then he righted himself but was clearly still not in control. After about 2 min he started swimming more normaly but with tailend still hanging I call this taidragging. When he stops and hovers he sort of sinks tail first. I still don't have a clue as to what happened I did remove him from tank with his wives to a holding pin in my 20 Gal last night thinking maybe something in tank caused it. But it happened this morning right before my eyes again this morning. I took pics will post them also. Do fish have strokes/seizures? Sincerely Curtis

I'm actually curious about this topic as well.
My angelfish had the exact same thing happen to her afew months ago, except it was when I turned on the light to feed her. The light appeared to have triggered a seizure. My angelfish is perfectly fine now.
I've asked fish expert after fish expert, but I can't seem to find anyone to answer the question, can fish have seizures?

yea, when you turn the light on and off for angelfish, i read in a book that you should give warning taps on the tank, like 3 or 4 taps so they hide and the light doesnt put them into shock

my neons all did that right before they died of shock, so it could be a shock thingo

Re Yo All Who Posted

:cry: :( :x Hi All. Well The emergancy is over. Onfortunatly He didn't survive. H e passed about 11:00 That day Still have no idea as to what happened. Quite a shame since I had just got him 4 wives the weekend before. So now I have to find them a husband. I got lucky there I am a aspiring member of the DKA here in Dallas and there are a couple of full members who keep that perticular form of killie and they offered me another male at next meeting. So they don't have to be widows to long. It just really sucks my first one died so tragicly on me and I still have no ans. to help prevent it from happening again. Anyway Thanks Very Much for your concern and support Sincerely Curtis :bawl: :puppydogeyes: :crazyeyes: :fadein:

im sorry for the loss

This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.

idk im not a doctor

im sorry for your loss tho atleast you get another free one that likes females.... hopefully

:roll:

Sorry for your loss mematrix. :( Sounds like Swim Bladder Disease to me. Once this happens, fish usually die right quickly. I doubt it was anything you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom