Endler death mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my endlers just died from I think stress. I was doing a water change when I noticed he was laying on a plant, gray, in the corner. He didn't want to be bothered. I hoped he'd live but an hour later. He was floating at the top. He had no signs of unhealthy ness except stress signs. Could anybody help me find how he died?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423010813.740748.jpg

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Maybe he was old? Everything that lives has to die. guppies/endlers live a max of 2 years anyways. Unless you saw visible symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it.

What Matt said- most of the live bearers have shorter life spans and unless he was one a previous of ties gave birth to there is really no knowing how old he was when you purchased them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He has grown a lot and I had him about a year. I never knew of their short lifespans.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

At least for guppies the average is 1-2 years. Since gups and endlers are so close I would assume it would be the same

Not that it makes it stink any less- but at least it sounds like nothing is wrong the tank or anything

I would still watch the others just in case but if all parameters are good I wouldn't worry too much

The rest disappeared. I think they hopped on the floor to their death by being a cat treat.

The other fish are fine.

Back
Top Bottom