eSHa 2000 & Exit - assassin snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillphill83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Using esha 2000 & exit to treat white spot on a molly and a harlequin rasbora..all fish dont seem bothered by the meds..julli corys are whizzing around more than ever.. But my assassin snails are trying to escape! Have I just committed them to death?! I don't have a QT so I can't move them..
Anyone got some ideas to what's going on?

I do not recall every ingredient in the Esha product as its not a common one in the US, but the one main ingredient is copper. Copper is renowned for its toxicity to inverts. Move the snails asap if you wish for them to survive. A plastic Tupperware container or bucket with fresh conditioned water will work. A piece of screen, mesh or even piece of clean pantyhose/stocking will work as a lid.

I managed to rescue as many snails as I could find and popped them in a Tupperware with a lid made from a fishnet stocking!! Just the job!

Seems a few were hiding but they seem to be surviving and today is the last day of the meds.

Thanks for the advice! :)

Back
Top Bottom