Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Eye Problems

Hey there I just got this account recently and have had major question to ask. So just a last year my pet oragonda goldfish got this strange film over his eye. The eye began to bulg and the orange film continued to grow. I went to the store where I purchased him and they told me just to change his water. I did it everyweek, yet could not fix it. He lived in a tank with two other fish, that have not showed any signs of illness. Just last month his other eye began to do the same thing. So if anyone can help me that would be really nice.
-thundy

Old 12-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!!!

Can you please provide some more information so that we can better help you? Tank size? Stocking (number/type of fish)? Exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Normal water change schedule (%/# wk)? A picture of your oranda will also be helpful as well so we can try to ID what is happening here. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Well I know that the tank size is 10 gallons but I don't know all the measurments.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well thats alittle on the small side. Orange film sounds very strange to me. If you have no or little means to answer jlks questions then an increase in water changes to 30% twice weekly to dilute possible water issues, i would also consider the addition of aquarium salt and see how your fish goes for a week or 2. More details would help a great deal.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/ you can even use your browser!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble, eye

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com