False Magnificence Rasborra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joyler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright so I have had this little guy for a month and a half or so, and it's always had the "crooked" back, and it has slowly gotten fatter...not sure what to make of it...still very active, and for the most part it hangs with the crowd (there are four of them, and 6 rummy nose) it also eats fine...there is no pine coning that I can see, so I'm wondering what y'all think...

Attachments

• image-789584516.jpg
    image-789584516.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3052255132.jpg
    image-3052255132.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1563767200.jpg
    image-1563767200.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 101
And no, he doesn't swim vertically! I was trying to adjust the picture...silly phone...

Joyler said:
Alright so I have had this little guy for a month and a half or so, and it's always had the "crooked" back, and it has slowly gotten fatter...not sure what to make of it...still very active, and for the most part it hangs with the crowd (there are four of them, and 6 rummy nose) it also eats fine...there is no pine coning that I can see, so I'm wondering what y'all think...

I'm no expert...but that looks like a white cloud to me...

ROFL! He's about 2.5 inches long, and right above the black line it looks like a row of little LED lights :)

2 more pictures help?

Attachments

• image-1926346048.jpg
    image-1926346048.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-437836473.jpg
    image-437836473.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 83
I dunno about that...there is a little bit of a bump at the biggest part of the bulge (underneath) and if I didn't know any better, id say it looks like a scale or two has fallen off...

Geez, that fish should have been culled. It's ok though, it looks like he's just bloated. Try some boiled, shelled, chopped peas and see how he does. Can't hurt ya know?

True...thanks homedog! I adopted the four of them from someone who had them in what had to be a five gallon tank with 2 gold skirt tetras

Joyler said:
True...thanks homedog! I adopted the four of them from someone who had them in what had to be a five gallon tank with 2 gold skirt tetras

Ugh, that's not right. Good for you on rescuing them!

Homedog98 said:
Ugh, that's not right. Good for you on rescuing them!

Thanks... :) they are real quick little suckers sometimes they hit the surface of the water I expect them to fly out an hit the glass cover so I can't see how they would be happy in a tank with a volume ten times less...

I turn on the light, to find a red spot on it's right side right next to it's pectoral fin...oyi...

no,thankfully,ive never had diseases in my tanks,so i dont know how to cure tem.but im pretty sure that boiled shelled peas work for bloat,or vit it wont eat,theres some kind of salt you can use.and i dont think fish TB is curable.

alLexX said:
no,thankfully,ive never had diseases in my tanks,so i dont know how to cure tem.but im pretty sure that boiled shelled peas work for bloat,or vit it wont eat,theres some kind of salt you can use.and i dont think fish TB is curable.

Thanks :) I guess I'll try and make it as comfy as possible

Back
Top Bottom