Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

fancy goldfish with fin rot

Info. 150g tank, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5.0 nitrates, pH 7.4, cycled 5 weeks, running matrix, purigen, de-nitrate, added salt as recommended 5g/1tbs, natural plant roots to help with nitrates, 3 corys, 2 small fish (not sure lol), 3 goldfish between 3 and 5 inches long. My largest fancy girl has fin rot which I attribute to higher ammonia during cycle. She also has a bump on her head which has been there for 2 years. I am currently treating with Melafix. Should I try doing both Pimafix and Melafix? Its a big tank so I don't want to use 15 pouches of other meds. I also have some Metroplex. Try that maybe? Should I dip her in Methelene Blue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunny D 3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	317597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunny D 2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	317598  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunny D 1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	317599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	317600  

Old 08-02-2020, 07:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlockwood View Post
Info. 150g tank, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5.0 nitrates, pH 7.4, cycled 5 weeks, running matrix, purigen, de-nitrate, added salt as recommended 5g/1tbs, natural plant roots to help with nitrates, 3 corys, 2 small fish (not sure lol), 3 goldfish between 3 and 5 inches long. My largest fancy girl has fin rot which I attribute to higher ammonia during cycle. She also has a bump on her head which has been there for 2 years. I am currently treating with Melafix. Should I try doing both Pimafix and Melafix? Its a big tank so I don't want to use 15 pouches of other meds. I also have some Metroplex. Try that maybe? Should I dip her in Methelene Blue?
The two smaller fish you have are schooling fish so either get more from where you got them or find them a better suited home also your nitrates are pretty high and you need alot more live plants corydoras prefer larger groups like 5-8 so also think about that

Tags
fancy, fancy goldfish, fin, fin rot, fish, gold, goldfish, rot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com